Of all the vacation spots in the world, countries where the native language is Spanish are often the best to visit. Here is why.
Whether it is going to Cancun or the South of Spain, visiting a Spanish-speaking country is a great place to go for a trip. This is the case whether you are looking for a beach vacation or a more urban trip. Here are the top five reasons why you should consider a Spanish-speaking country:
1. Spanish-speaking countries tend to be cheap. Visiting Cost Rica sure is cheaper than taking a trip to Hawaii. Most Central American countries are used to American tourists and cater to this crowd, so you get the advantages of a friendly place plus the cheapness of a lesser developed country.
2. Spanish-speaking countries are exciting. In Spain, most people eat dinner around midnight on the weekend and the party doesn’t stop until well after the sun comes up. If you are night owl, you will finally find a place that understands your circadian rhythm.
3. Many of these countries are naturally beautiful. Whether it is the beaches of Mexico or the rainforest of Costa Rica, many Spanish-speaking countries are filled with natural beauty and are a pleasure to visit.
4. There are many interesting historical sites to visit. In Spain, you can view the country’s magical history that spands centuries. In Central America, you can learn about the ancient Mayans and see some of the amazing Mayan ruins. Chichen Itza,in particular, is a spectacular site to see. Alternatively, you can visit South America and learn more about the Inca culture.
5. It is easy to learn some Spanish. While it is difficult to become fluent in any language, Spanish is one of the easiest languages to learn. At the very least, it is not too difficult to get by. The locals are used to Western tourists with terrible Spanish so they can figure out what you want if you just make a good faith effort.